Some random thoughts I have while meditating
Like I said a couple of days ago, whenever I meditate, I always have some random thoughts popping out of nowhere.
And if I don’t pay attention my mind will go thought after thought and I would completely forget about my meditation session.
For example, here’s a compilation of what’s going on in my mind:
- What’s that sound?
- What will I cook for dinner?
- What’s left in the fridge?
- What should I buy at the supermarket?
- I need to remind Davidson to schedule the payment of that bill
- My leg is itching
- Should I do laundry today?
- I’m hungry, what could I eat?
As you can see, my mind is mostly thinking about the things I’ll have to do next. And that’s because we’re used to do, do, do.
But what about ‘simply be’?
My favorite part about my meditation sessions is when I’m able to detach myself from my thoughts and be the watcher/observer.
It makes me feel in control and like I am the one in charge and not my thoughts.