You can only improve what you can measure
I’ve been thinking about this quote recently and I’ve decided to measure the things in my life I’d like to improve.
I’ll try for at least 30 days and see afterwards if it makes sense to continue.
Here’s what I’d like to improve:
- how long am I meditating and how many sessions per day.
- I’ve been meditating on and off for the past 5 years. And even though I can see the benefits of it – even just for 10min every day – it still hasn’t become a habit.
- how long am I practicing and how many times per week.
- Since I’m pregnant, I’ve been very lazy. I’d like to get back to a practice more consistent. But instead of practicing every day maybe allowing myself one day off per week.
- Learning Portuguese:
- how long am I practicing on Duolingo and reading out loud (and maybe some other things).
- I’m currently reading the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Reading out loud helps me to train my pronunciation and it’s actually good for me, since speaking is my weakness.
First weekly report to come next Monday ☺️
[…] my first report following writing this blog post […]