Finally found a bread recipe that doesn’t scare me
And it’s so easy to make (and tasty too!) that I’ve baked two in less than 24 hours 😁
What was intimidating me the most was the kneading part. So when I found a bread recipe that said “no-knead bread” I knew I had to try.
I actually found the recipe months ago while randomly browsing Youtube. And it’s only yesterday that I decided to give it a shot.
To be honest, the recipe looked so easy, I was a bit skeptical about the result 🤨
But it really is THAT easy and from now on I don’t even wanna buy bread anymore 😂
All credits to artisanbreadwithstev – I’ll definitely try more of his recipes ☺️
The recipe I followed is this one: Easy no-knead bread
I checked his website but there’s no written recipe so here are my personal notes to make his bread:
- 350ml tap water = 1,5 cups – room temperature is fine. No need of hot water.
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 3 cups of flour – I used all purpose flour. In his video, he recommends bread flour but there’s no such thing in Brazil 😄 Davidson actually made fun of me when I asked for it 😒😂
- I recommend watching his video because he explains more in details.
- I’ve made some changes from his original recipe like using a bread pan instead of a skillet.
- The second proofing time can be as low as 30min, based on an updated video he’s made.
- From beginning to end, it takes about a minimum of 10h to make the bread but there’s actually only like 10min of “work” involved.
- Gather all the ingredients and mix them all together. Mixing should take less than 5min.
- Proof for 8 to 24h, covered with a towel or plastic wrap and it can be left on top of the kitchen counter.
- Grease with olive oil the mold that will be used to bake the dough. I’m using a regular bread pan.
- Mix the dough, add flour if too sticky.
- Transfer the dough in the mold and brush some olive oil on top of it.
- Proof for 1h, covered and resting on top of the counter.
- Preheat the oven at 230°C.
- Bake for 30min.
- Ready to eat 🍞