Daily expenses in Ngapali, Myanmar #1
We arrived in Ngapali on October 16th. It took me some time to adapt myself to the new environment but I think now it’s getting better and better 🙂 For this blog post, I’m gonna breakdown our daily expenses from October 24th to October 30th. We’re not paying any rent because we work in a hostel in exchange for free accommodation 🙂
Conversion rate: K 1,400 = 1€
If it’s your first time reading one of my blog post, here’s a quick heads up:
My boyfriend, Davidson and I, left Paris on June 15th for a 6-month trip in Asia. We had enough savings until September. So yeah, it’s risky but we took the leap anyway.
So far, we’re not bankrupt yet!
- Lunch: K 5,200 I’ll call this restaurant the restaurant at the junction of the main road in Ngapali because the name is only in Burmese.
- Top up Ooredo: K 5,000 the previous week, I bought one Ooredo sim card for K 1,000. This topup is for 1Go of data.
Total cost: K 10,200 (7.29€)
- Lunch: K 43,080 we had lunch at Bayview with Gunther from Ngapali Concierge. He’s a Costa Rican living there for 4 years already (or 5?). He asked the chef a special burger with feta cheese and cheddar. It was too big for me. Couldn’t finish it ahah
- Snacks: K 8,300 bought some snacks at the convenient store at the junction
Total cost: K 51,380 (36.70€)
- Lunch: K 7,500 @Blue Lagoon restaurant
- Dinner: K 7,000 @Family restaurant
Total cost: K 14,500 (10.36€)
- Lunch: K 9,000 @Blue Lagoon restaurant
Total cost: K 9,000 (6.43€)
- Deodorant: K 1,500 @convenient store at the junction
- Lunch: K 7,300 @restaurant at the junction
Total cost: K 8,800 (6.29€)
- Lunch: K 4,000 @Blue Lagoon restaurant, we ate prawns fried rice and chicken fried noodles
Total cost: K 4,000 (2.86€)
- Snacks: K 5,450 @convenient store at the junction, sugar crackers for K 1,800 and cookies for K 2,400, then some dried fruits for K 1,250 (but I don’t like the taste!)
- Lunch: K 8,100 @restaurant at the junction
Total cost: K 13,550 (9.68€)
Total cost for the week
Total cost: K 111,430 (79.59€)
Average per day: K 15,919 (11.37€)
Note: We rarely eat at night, that’s why there’s no daily cost for dinner except for October 26th when we went out with new friends at Family restaurant.