Banana bread with chocolate chips
I’ve been looking for a banana bread fluffy and moist (and tasty!) and I believe this is it ☺️
What you’ll need
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature = 8 tbsp
- 1/2 cup white or brown sugar (more if bananas not too ripe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp yogurt (optional, for more moist)
- 1 + 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks (best if dark chocolate)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Now let’s bake that banana bread
- Preheat oven at 175°C
- Grease a mold with butter and flour
- Cream butter + sugar
- Mash bananas then add to batter with the eggs and yogurt
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon) then add to batter
- Add vanilla extract and chocolate chips
- Pour into the mold
- Add more chocolate chips on top of the batter
- Bake for 40 – 45min @ 175°C. Check at 40min.
- Let it cool down for 10min then enjoy!
- So far I only tried with white sugar but I read brown sugar is also tasty.
- I read that creaming butter and sugar helps to make the banana bread fluffy.
- I use a bread loaf pan.
- I used milk chocolate from easter eggs leftover because that’s what I had at home 😄 I chopped one half of a giant egg into chunks. In the recipe I said one cup, but add as much as your heart wants 🍫😋
- If you use salted butter, reduce salt to 1/4 tsp instead of 1/2 tsp.