Pancake with homemade buttermilk
Today I tried this recipe and it all went great (except for the first pancake that was a bit too burnt at the bottom 😂) It still tasted good though!
What you’ll need
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract – optional
*How to make homemade buttermilk?
- Mix 1 cup of milk with 2 tbsp of white vinegar or lemon
- Let it rest at room temperature for 30min
Note: it can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let’s make pancakes now!
This recipe makes 5 to 6 medium pancakes. So depending on your hunger, you can make pancakes for 2 or 3 people ☺️
- Preheat a non-sticky pan in low/medium heat.
- I used the small burner on my stove. The bigger one was too hot for my first pancake, that’s why it burned the bottom 😅
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients then mix with a fork or a spatula.
- Don’t overbeat otherwise your pancakes will get too hard.
- Now your batter is ready! Pour into your preheated pan (no need to grease it) then flip after 3 to 4 minutes. Then after 1 or 2 minutes, your first pancake will be ready 😋
- You know it’s ready to flip when the bottom is brownish and the top has a bubbly surface.
- Continue step 4 until the batter is over.
- Enjoy your pancakes with your favorite toppings!