Here’s how much we spent for our last days in Penang
We were planning to stay in Penang until the end of our 3-month visa in Malaysia, which was November 7th. But an opportunity to work for 2 months in Myanmar showed up on October 6th while I was promoting our Marketing class for October 14th.
It all happened super fast!
As I’m writing this (October 17th), I’m here in Ngapali 🙂
Here’s the first sunset of our new adventure:
If it’s your first time reading one of my blog post, here’s a quick heads up:
My boyfriend Davidson and I left Paris on June 15th for a 6-month trip in Asia. We had enough savings until September. So yeah, it’s risky but we took the leap anyway.
So far, we’re not bankrupt yet!
- Indian food: 22.60 MYR we ate at Kapitan Restoran
- Dinner: 11.50 MYR we ate at CF food court
Total cost: 34.10 MYR (8.53€)
- Fried chicken: 15 MYR @CF food court
Total cost: 15MYR (3.75€)
- Lunch: 14.50 MYR @ CF Food Court
- Indian food: 18 MYR @ Mustapha Restoran
Total cost: 32.50MYR (8.13€)
- Grocery: 18.30 MYR we bought eggs, bread and instant coffee
- 2 pork buns: 4 MYR
- Cendol drink: 2.20 MYR
- Wan tan noodles: 4.50 MYR
- Coca-cola: 2.10 MYR
Total cost: 31.10 MYR (7.78€)
- Lunch: 14.50 MYR @ CF food court
- Dinner at Deen Maju: 0 (offered by a friend)
- One way bus ticket from Penang to Kuala Lumpur: 38 MYR Davidson couldn’t do a business visa on arrival, so he had to do his visa with an agency in Kuala Lumpur. I’ll talk more about that on a next article.
Total cost: 52.50MYR (13.13€)
- Flip flop: 16MYR on his way from KL Sentral to Everfine agency, Davidson broke his flip flop 😀
- Business visa for Myanmar: 203 MYR
- Mcdonald’s: 15.50MYR
- Bus from KL to Penang: 38.50 MYR
- Grab car: 16 MYR Davidson overslept in the bus. So he had to grab a car to arrive at the hostel. At first he tried a taxi, but the driver said it was 45 MYR! Even more expensive than a bus from KL to Penang. So he called a Grab car 🙂
Total cost: 297MYR (74.25€)
- 2 portion of chicken rice: 8 MYR @ CF food court
- Grocery: 40.90 MYR bought shampoo, soap, gel, snacks, batteries
- Laundry: 13 MYR last laundry before heading to Myanmar
- Haircut: 30 MYR @ Son’s & barber, best customer service for a haircut 🙂
- Grab car: 18 MYR from Sim CityStay to Peaberry for our last Marketing class!
- Cake: 8.90 MYR @ Peaberry cafe
- 2 burgers: 9 MYR a stall just outside Peaberry
- Beers: 10 MYR @ Antarabangsa, cheapest beer ever (in Penang ^^)
Total cost: 137.80 MYR (34.45€)
Total cost for the week
Total cost: 600 MYR (150€)
Average per day: 85.71 MYR (21.43€)
The previous week we spent less than 200 MYR. You can check the details here.