It’s when things don’t go according to plans that we create the best memories
No matter how much we plan our lives, at some point something will go wrong. And when it happens, you have two options: you either deal with it and go with the flow or blame the entire world and dwell on your situation.
Things didn’t go according to my plan many times. Now when I look back, I realize that those were the best memories I had in my life.
Like that time I:
- Had arthritis,
- Volunteered in a farm in Argentina for a weird US guy,
- Was awfully sick in Cuzco,
- Travelled +50h in a bus from Lima to Santiago de Chile,
- Got food intoxication in Siem Reap,
- Worked in 2 chaotic hostels in Myanmar, …
In the end, it’s all a matter of perspective.