Tasty coconut tapioca pudding
I wanted to eat something this morning but there was nothing I felt like eating that was dairy-free and sweet. I saw we had some coconut milk leftover in the fridge and it inspired me to prepare this coconut pudding made with tapioca pearls, also called sagu.
What you’ll need
For 2 or 3 servings (depends on your hunger 😋)
- 1/4 cup sagu + 2 cups water to cook
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
Add-ins of your choice
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 medium diced banana
- 1/2 cup diced and peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced and peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup jack fruit
What to do
- Cook sagu for 40min in boiled water.
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and the add-ins.
- After 40min, remove water excess from the boiling sagu.
- Add the coconut mix to the sagu.
- Cook for approximately 10min in low heat or until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Eat cold or hot.
- Enjoy ☺️
- Adjust the quantity of the add-ins and sugar to your liking.
- Add water if you need more time to cook the add-ins and to adjust the consistency.
- I prefer to eat it while it’s still warm.