Pain perdu, french toast, rabanada
Easy recipe for when you have leftover bread. The dryer, the better 😄
What you’ll need
- Leftover bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- I always eyeball it.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Salty butter for frying
- Or non-salty if you prefer.
What to do
- Cut your bread into slices of your desired size. I like when it’s like finger-food size so I can eat directly with my hands 😁
- Mix the egg, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- Soak the bread in the mix.
- While it’s soaking, heat up a pan in low-medium heat with butter (the more the better!).
- Place the slices in the pan.
- Once it’s golden brown on both sides, it’s ready to eat 🍴
- I like to dip my bread in condensed milk before eating it. I don’t know if it’s a filipino thing but I like it that way 😋
- When soaking the bread, make sure it’s well soaked especially if you use an old bread that’s super dry.