How to make THE best Caipirinha ever (like Brazilians do!)
Have you been to Brazil recently?
Are you feeling nostalgic of the Caipirinhas you’ve been drinking there?
Well, I stayed 2 months in Brazil recently and I tasted a loooooot of Caipi there! And I even kidnapped a Brazilian guy (he’s my boyfriend now by the way ^^).
There was that time I was invited to a birthday party on a rooftop (actually a girl invited me to a birthday party she was invited to, so I didn’t know anyone except her and my boyfriend lol) and as usual I ordered a Caipi.
You know what happened?
I couldn’t even finish it! Every sip was a torture for my tongue and my stomach.
It was the worst Caipi ever!
Of course, I had better experience like the one at the Walk On The Beach Hostel in Rio de Janeiro. I stayed there 5 days and every night I’d take at least 2 (because of the happy hour ^^).
Anyway, would you like to know a quick and easy recipe to make home-made Caipirinha?
Thanks to my boyfriend’s help (and my experience in Caipi tasting 😛) I can reveal you this quick and easy recipe to make the best Caipirinha ever!
Here’s what you’ll need to make one glass of Caipi (and be forever happy! ^^):
- Cachaça – of course (the most common is Cachaça 51)
- 1 or 2 tsp of sugar (depending on your taste)
- 1 lime
- Ice cubes (no smashed ice, please!)
- 1 cup
I’d say between 5 to 10mn depending on how fast you are to peel the lime ^^
How to prepare
- Peel the lime;
- Cut it in slices and drop them in the cup;
- Add the sugar;
- Smash everything together, for at least one full minute!
- Add cachaça. It should be the same amount of lime juice;
- Shake everything together;
- Fill the cup with ice cubes and mix everything again;
- Wait 30 seconds to let the ice cubes chill the drink.
And voilà! You can now enjoy your drink ^^
Did you try it? How was it?
I’d love to hear from you!
P.S.: Don’t drink too much <3